Weekend Shenanigans





Hey everyone!

So I think that this was the most autumnal weekend I've ever had! You see, growing up in Southern California I never had all of these great fall experiences. There were never authentic farms that you could go to to pick your pumpkins or fall festivals that closed down the whole town. It was always small little plots of land where pumpkins were on the ground with some hay and that was it. Because of this, this past weekend was a completely new experience and it was something that I think I will remember for a while.



The local apple festival kick-started the weekend and the best way that I can describe it is by likening it to a massive farmer's market. All of main street was closed off and it was filled to the brim with apple pies, apple fritters, hot cider, homemade jams and honeys and preserves, and anything and everything apple related. It was great being able to peek in to all the stores and stalls and seeing that I wasn't the only one that is crazily obsessed with fall. It was an absolutely beautiful day and also quite a bit chillier than I'm used to (2°C) but I loved that the brisk air chilled you down while you walked around.




Then on Sunday, I went pumpkin picking with the hubby! And like I said, I grew up in a place where there were never any farms so if you're wondering why the hell I'm so excited it's because it was my first time doing any of this. So for me, being able to go to a fully functioning farm and seeing the wagon rides, and the hot cider, and the bonfire, and the petting barn was like fulfilling some kind of childhood experience that I've never had. It was lots of fun walking through the pumpkin patch and trying to figure out which pumpkins were the best and trying to get the hubby to buy me some pumpkin seeds. It was another gorgeous day and I was able to get a quick OOTD!





And to close off the weekend we went to see Crimson Peak and while it didn't live up to my expectations I would still give it a 7.5/10. I've been in love with Guillermo del Toro since Pan's Labyrinth so I knew that I had to go see this movie. For me, the sex scenes felt unnecessary and like there was no chemistry and it was really the only critic that I have for the movie. Everything else was great; I loved the way that the ghosts looked and the story was interesting enough. Overall, it was a great way to end the weekend.

So what was your weekend like? I'd love to read all about it!

-xoxo Jasmine Monique

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment